Trip Cancellation Insurance
Moto Tours Europe offers to its customers the purchase of a trip cancellation insurance. Purchasing the trip cancellation insurance allows customers to receive a refund of the cost of the tour when a customer or their traveling companion must cancel a tour for reasons covered by this insurance. Moto Tours Europe trip cancellation insurance does not cover expenses not paid to Moto Tours Europe, such as airfare, additional hotel accommodation or sightseeing, etc., even if such bookings are made for or recommended to the customer by Moto Tours Europe.
This insurance can only be purchased at the time of booking the tour, 60 days before the tour. The trip cancellation insurance cannot be purchased after the tour has been booked. The tour passengers or traveling companions can be covered by the customer's trip cancellation insurance if designated at the time of purchasing of the insurance. Your additional passenger or roommate will be considered your designated traveling companion. If you are in a single room you may designate a traveling companion prior to the start of the tour.
The cost of the trip cancellation insurance is 7.5 % of the total listed price of the tour, including any supplements like motorcycle upgrades, single room requests and passenger costs, excluding any charges not paid to Moto Tours Europe.
Moto Tours Europe will refund the full tour price to a customer who has purchased the Trip Cancellation Insurance if the cancellation is due to the following:
- Sickness, accidental injury or death of the customer, the customer's traveling companion, or an immediate family member or business partner of the customer or their traveling companion. The claim must be substantiated by a signed letter from a physician on their letterhead.
- The customer or traveling companion being directly involved in a traffic accident while on route to departure. The claim must be substantiated by a police report.
- The customer or traveling companion having their home made uninhabitable by a natural disaster. The claim must be substantiated by a letter from the insurance company.
- The customer or traveling companion has their employment terminated through no fault of their own after purchasing the Trip Cancellation Insurance. The customer must be employed for at least two consecutive years by the employer. The claim must be substantiated by a termination letter on company letterhead.
- The customer or traveling companion being required to serve on a jury or subpoenaed. The claim must be substantiated by a letter from the court.
- War or an act of terrorism in a country which is a part of the tour which then caused the customer's government to issue a warning to not travel to this country during the period when the tour is scheduled to take place. Such recommendation must be made after the date of purchase of the Trip Cancellation Insurance.
- The customer or traveling companion is called to military duty during the period when the tour is scheduled to take place. The claim must be substantiated by a letter from the military.
- A strike, a natural disaster or bad weather that result in the cancellation of airline services and prevent the customer from arriving in time to participate in the tour.
This insurance specifically excludes:
- Expenses not included in the price of the tour, such as airline expenses, extra hotel nights or additional sightseeing activities.
- Lost, damaged or stolen luggage.
- Medical costs, including all activities associated with medical evacuation.
- Pre-existing conditions. Pre-existing conditions include but are not limited to any injury occurring prior to and on the day of purchase of the Trip Cancellation Insurance and any illnesses occurring in the period of 120 days prior to and on the day of purchase of this insurance, for which treatment by a licensed physician has been sought or advised or the conditions with symptoms which would cause a prudent person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment.
- Any situation not specifically mentioned above.
If the cancellation occurred prior to the start of the tour, the entire cost paid will be refunded.
If the cancellation occurred in the course of the tour, a pro-rated refund will be made for the unused days of the tour.
In the case of a flight cancellation or an accident which makes it impossible for the customer to arrive at the starting location of the tour, the customer will have the option to request a refund of the cost of the tour or to join the tour in progress. Moto Tours Europe reserves the right to determine whether joining the tour is feasible and will advise the customer accordingly.. Any additional costs of joining the tour in progress will be the responsibility of the customer and no pro-rated credit will be granted for any days of the tour that the customer did not participate in.